1 lb of pollock
1 TB of chipotle pepper, canned in adobo sauce, chopped
2 TB & 1 tsp (divided) of lime juice
1 TB of canola oil
1/2 TB of sugar
1/2 tsp of oregano, dried
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of onion powder
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1 cup of pineapple, diced
2 TB of red onion, diced
2 TB of cilantro, fresh, chopped
1/2 of jalapeno pepper, chopped
2.5 cups of black beans, canned
1 cup of rice, prepared
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska pollock; pat dry. Place in a spray-coated baking dish/pan and tightly cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Puree the chilies in adobo, lime juice, oil, sugar, oregano, salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Pour this sauce over cooked fish. Break up until sauce is evenly distributed, keeping fish chunky. Keep warm.
- For the pineapple salsa, combine pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, 1 tsp. of lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- For each portion, place 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup black beans, and 3 oz. chipotle lime Alaska pollock in a bowl. Top with 1/4 cup pineapple salsa.
(Source: Seafood Nutrition Partnership)